Beef and Sweet Pepper Stir-Fry
Originally posted on February 14, 2009
Dinner tonight hit the spot and I wanted to share the recipe here, if only so I can remember it the next time I make it:
BEEF & SWEET PEPPER STIR-FRY
Note: I don't usually measure anything when I cook (drives my engineering friends crazy), but I'll put down my rough estimates here.
1. For the marinade, mix together:
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1 pound of Flank Steak, sliced against the grain into 1-inch-wide strips
Marinade the steak for at least 30 minutes.
2. In separate bowl, combine:
– 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
– 1/2 Green Pepper and 1/2 Red Pepper, sliced into 1-inch-long strips (or just use 1 pepper of either color)
– 1/2 Onion, also sliced into strips 1-inch long
3. For the sauce, mix together in a mug or another bowl:
– 1 Cup Chicken Broth
– 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
– 2 TBSP Oyster Sauce
– 1-2 TBSP Cornstarch
– 1 TBSP Brown Sugar
Heat about 1 teaspoon oil in a large pan or wok. Add 1 1-inch piece of
Ginger and sauté for a minute. Drain the marinade from the beef, and
discard the marinade. Cook the beef until just browned. Remove from
pan. Heat another 1-teaspoon of oil. Add the vegetables and cook to
taste (anywhere from crisp-tender to soft). Return the beef to the pan,
add the sauce, and cook for 2 minutes until bubbly and thickened. Serve
over hot rice.
~Asian/Chinese Cooking, Beef, Cooking. Bookmark the permalink.