Brie with Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This is an amazing appetizer, introduced to us this summer by Nate’s brother, Chris, and his lovely wife Carrie. This is one of those things that you have to be in the mood for, as it is incredibly savory and garlicky. It’s great for small groups and parties, where everyone can try a small amount. Serve it with crackers or crusty bread.
- One 7-8 oz. package of Brie cheese (en España: 200 gramos), cut into ½-inch chunks, white rind left on
- About ½ C – ¾ C of pesto, depending on how much you like pesto
- About 6-8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced into bite-size pieces (en España: Tomates deshidratados. Normalmente en vidrio; Alcampo y Carrefour los tienen.)
- 1 package of crackers (such as Carr's Table Water Crackers), 1 loaf of crusty bread, or 1 package of Melba toast
- Place the diced Brie on a platter or in a shallow bowl. Top with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. Drizzle oil from the sun-dried tomato jar onto the mixture.
- Spoon onto crackers, bread, or Melba toast.
Appetizers, Cooking. Bookmark the permalink.