5 Spanish Things I Can’t Live Without
1. Spanish Tortilla. When I was pregnant with M, I ate a wedge of tortilla almost every single day during the first trimester. I just craved it like crazy.
2. Freezer Drawers. They keep things organized.
3. Persianas. These metal grates roll down and completely darken the room, which is wonderful when it’s June and the sun doesn’t set until 11pm, yet you want your kids to go to bed at 9pm.
4. Fresh, affordable bakery bread. Here it’s about 65 cents for a baguette, whereas in the US I think it’s, what, $2?
5. Chocolate. As in yummy Spanish chocolate that you dip your churros in.
Whenever we move back to the US – whether it be in 5 years or 25 – I will miss these things as much as I miss Costco, Target, and bathroom fans right now.Cultures, European Living, Life in La Coruña, This Immigrant Life. Bookmark the permalink.