Kickin’ Black Bean and Red Cabbage Salad with Mango and Avocado
My friend Danielle brought this over yesterday and wow, was it good. It had an abundance of fruit, black beans, and veggies, and the dressing was bright with hints of citrus, garlic, and honey. It wouldn’t seem like all these ingredients would go well together, but the dressing gave it all a refreshing kick and brought it home. Thanks, Danielle, for sharing!
- 3 - 4 cups cooked black beans
- ½ small head of red cabbage, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red chile pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup honey
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cabbage, red pepper, mango, and avocado.
- For the dressing, place in a blender the red chile pepper, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, honey, and a couple pinches of salt. Blend until smooth. Pour over salad and toss. Taste and adjust with more salt if necessary.
American Cooking, Cooking, Salads. Bookmark the permalink.